IMPORTANT UPDATE: The Green Energy Ontario Program is NO LONGER being accepted by the Government of Ontario. We however are willing to assist our customers by offering you a direct discount. Please call our office today to make arrangements! (905) 333-9658.
Don’t let this WINDOW of opportunity pass you by!
Get rebates up to $5,000 on High Efficiency windows
Ontario will now pay YOU to install new more efficient windows through their new Green Ontario Window Rebate program! Isn’t that great news? Are you curious to know if you qualify? You can take advantage of this 2018 offer if you are purchasing new windows for your home. In order to qualify:
- Windows must be on ENERGY STAR®’s Most Efficient models list which recognizes high-performance products with a U-factor at or below 1.4 W/m2•K or 0.25 Btu/h•ft.2•°F.
- Windows must be certified to Climate Zone 3.
- Installations must replace an existing window – including the window frames as well as the sashes and glass units – also called “brick-to-brick” installation. Windows that replace doors are not eligible.
- Windows must be purchased from and installed by a Participating Contractor.
Details About The Green Ontario Window Rebate
Get $500 per window up to 10 windows, or $5,000 when you upgrade to select high-performance windows.
High-performance windows are designed to reduce energy loss, condensation and outdoor noise, helping you save on heating and cooling costs and increasing your home’s resale value.
The $500/window rebate applies for each rough opening. This means that the window frames as well as the glass must be replaced— also called “brick-to-brick” installation. Bay or bow windows with more than one glass unit or other windows with pillars (whether load bearing or not) qualify as one rough opening.
Who Can Participate
Ontario residents who live in a detached home, townhome or semi can take part in the Green Ontario Window Rebate. If you rent, you must have the written permission of the landlord.
- Save up to 15 per cent on heating and cooling costs
- Increase your home’s resale value by upgrading to high-performance windows
- Reduce your heating and cooling to increase your savings and decrease your home’s carbon footprint
How it Works
GreenON Rebates makes upgrading your home easy.
- Work with a participating contractor to purchase and install your eligible windows, insulation and air sealing.
- Your contractor will submit your rebate application on your behalf.
- Once you have validated that the work has been installed, submit your proof of purchase and you will receive your rebate cheque in the mail in approximately 8-12 weeks.